ICC Cricket World Cup Stadiums: The worlds most anticipated Flagship cricket event is to be played England and Wales starting from May 30th, 2019. There is a total of 11 stadiums selected to host the event. The most anticipated London Olympic stadiums were rolled out at the last minutes.
So this made the Cricket World Cup 2019 stadiums capacity to an average 20,000 only. With the largest venue to host these games is the Home of Cricket, The Lord’s Cricket Stadium in London which has a capacity of only 28,000 seats.
Following in capacity is the Old Trafford Stadium in Manchester with a capacity of 26,000 only. While the Edgbaston in Birmingham comes next with the 25,000 seat capacity.
Here we are with the detailed review of all our Cricket World Cup 2019 Stadiums for you at cricpub.com.
Cricket World Cup Stadium Names:
Cricket World Cup 2019 Stadiums Capacity:
Here is the detailed Seating Capacity of all the enlisted stadiums above.
|Stadium Name||City||Capacity||Number of Matches|
|Lord’s Cricket Ground||London||28,000||4 + Final|
|Old Trafford||Manchester||26,000||5 + 1 SF|
|Edgbaston||Birmingham||25,000||4 +1 SF|
|The Cooper County Ground||Taunton||12,500||3|
Number of Matches per venue for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019:
Since we have already posted the detailed chart, The number of matches to be played in each stadium are shown in detail.
- Lord’s Cricket ground in London, will host 4 Pool matches along with The Final so in total 5 matches to be played in Lord’s. 1st match to be played here is England vs South Africa, the opening encounter of the World Cup 2019.
- Old Trafford in Manchester will host 5 World Cup 2019 matches along with 1 Semi Final. So in total 6 matches are scheduled to be played in Manchester.
- Kennington Oval or The Oval in London will host 5 pool matches.
- Edgbaston in Birmingham will host 5 matches along with 1 Semi Final of the World cup 2019.
- Rose Bowl in Southampton is going to host 5 Matches.
- River-Side Ground, Chester-le-Street to hots 3 matches.
- Headingly in Leeds has given 4 Matches to be hosted there.
- County Ground in Bristol is going to get 3 matches to be hosted.
- Trent Bridge in Nottingham is having 5 matches.
- Sophia Ground in Cardiff, Wales is hosting 4 matches.
- The Cooper County Ground in Taunton has to host 3 of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 matches.
Cricket World Cup 2019 Stadiums on Map:
Here is the detailed location of each stadium along with the directions if you want to reach on the match day.
1- The Lord’s Cricket ground Location on Map:
This is the biggest stadium in the UK to host the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. The capacity of this stadium is 28,000 and it will host 4 group stage matches followed by the Grand Final on the 14th of July 2019.
2- Kennington Oval London on Map:
The famous, The Oval or the Kennington Oval ground in London has the capacity of 25,500 seats and will host 5 group matches.
3- Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Manchester Directions on Map:
4- Trent Bridge Cricket Stadium, Nottingham Directions on Map:
5- Sophia Gardens, Cardiff Directions on Map:
6- County Ground, Bristol Directions on Map:
7- The Rose Bowl, Southampton Directions on Map:
8- The Cooper Associate County Ground, Taunton Directions on Map:
9- Edgebaston, Birmingham Direction on Map:
10- Headingley, Leeds Directions on Map:
11- River-side ground, Chester-Le-Street Directions on Map:
Also, don’t forget to download Best ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Live Score Apps.